NZCAR 'PiP' Facial Recognition
NOW AVAILABLE - Only $25* to add to an existing NZCAR registered pet
Utilise the power of facial recognition technology to re-unite lost pets with their families. It’s as simple as taking a picture and registering your pet.
Using the most advanced Pet Facial Recognition Technology 'PiP', NZCAR is revolutionising the process for finding lost pets. Photos of found pets uploaded to NZCAR’s 'PiP' facial recognition application are analysed and matched with photos of pets identified as lost. When your pet’s photo and unique identifying features are registered in our system, NZCAR can quickly determine a match between your lost pet and any found pet in the area.
The key services 'PiP' Facial Recognition offers are:
- Any member of the public can submit a photo of a found pet for free on our site
- Any user can flag their pet as missing so that it is then highlighted on the NZCAR admiistration panel. Our staff check each day for new listings and the system is always looking for matches.
- The 'PiP' system allows the NZCAR staff to monitor lost and found facebook sites and import photos for facial comparison if the site owners have given permission.
- The 'PiP' system sends a missing pet alert to any of the NZCAR agents within a 10km radious of where the pet goes missing. For rural users, if there is no agent within 10km it sends to the nearest three.
- You can auto-create a lost pet listing on your own facebook page using your stored pet data.
- Activation of a 'PiP' lost pet alert also updates the NZCAR and can autogenerate a LostPet.co.nz alert as well as Neighbourly notification.
'PiP' Facial Recognition offers a huge step forward in the identification of missing pets. While it does not replace the uniqueness of the microchip identification, facial can quickly narrow the possible options from thousands of animals to only a few possibilities.
It also has the huge advantange that it is a mobile capable technology - without the need for a microchip reader to work. This puts the technology in the hands of many more people, who can all act as a "Good Samaritan" when they find a lost pet.
Registrations for 'PiP' Facial Recognition in New Zealand opened in December 2017. The cost is a one-off fee of $45 for the life of the animal. This cost also includes the one-off cost for microchip registration onto the NZCAR for new pets. As an introductory promotion any animal already on the NZCAR will be able to add facial recognition for just $25 until 31 March 2018.
- If you are already on the NZCAR click here to add 'PiP' facial recognition for $25
- If you are NOT on the NZCAR, click here to register and add 'PiP' for $45
* Normal Price to add 'PiP' facial recognition to an NZCAR record is $30, save $5 until 31 March 2018.